Services — TMJ
Temporomandibular Disorder (TMJ)
TMJ is not just one disorder, but several disorders that affect the jaw joint and the muscles that control chewing. The pain can be as minor as slight clicking to popping sensations when the mouth is opened or closed, or as serious as chronic pain extending into the head, face, neck and shoulders. Although no one knows for sure how many people have TMJ, the disorders seem to affect more women than men.
Symptoms of TMJ
- Tenderness of jaw muscles
- Clicking or popping noises when opening or closing mouth
- Difficulty or pain when opening mouth
- Facial or jaw pain
- Ringing ears
- Jaw sticking or locking up
- Frequent headaches
- Pain in or around the ear
- Neck, shoulder and high back pain
Treatment of TMJ Syndrome (Head & Neck Pain)
If you suffer from any of these symptoms please come in and allow us to do a Comprehensive TMJ Evaluation. We can then determine if your pain is a result of TMJ Syndrome. We offer conservative treatment that very rarely includes orthodontics (braces) or surgery.